Friday, January 30, 2009

Technicolor Dreams....

Well, as it turns out this posting isn't actually about me and my dreams.  I very rarely remember my dreams as it happens - that talent has been firmly been placed with my sister Kat!  Oh, my she has a) the weirdest and often predictive dreams and b) she remembers them and recalls them in detail. 

But now I'm wandering off the point, this is actually about a very lovely customer of mine, who has the most amazing taste in color and gems.  She asked if I could make her a 'Rainbow' gemstone bracelet and this was the end result.   Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet - the graduated colors to appear flow gently into one another. The decadent and luxurious swathe of brightly hued gems are all AA-AAA quality (most being AAA) and include:

Garnet, Ruby, Carnelian, Madeira Citrine, Citrine, Lemon Quartz, Prasiolite, Peridot, Mystic Blue Quartz, lagoon blue Apatite, Kyanite, London Blue Topaz, Iolite, Amethyst, Pink Amethyst and Quartz (Rock Crystal).

This bracelet was such fun to create - full of bright sparkle it really does lift your mood and tickles your senses.  I think I may just be tempted to work with some more rainbow color schemes soon..... watch this space.  Thank you so much to the lovely Marta for her inspiration for this piece.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so lovely. I love the way the colors flow into each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful ~ I have very vivid dreams ~ sometimes they are productive sometimes not but that bracelet is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite colour is rainbow- what a GORGEOUS bracelet:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always dream in colour. You really are very talented by the look of these. From Ramsey to Texas. You'll have to shout out for a photo of something in Ramsey I may be neglecting. Stop me doing my artsy shots.

    ReplyDelete